Selected reference projects
The following are an abridged assortment of Frost's assignments.
Major Sovereign Wealth Fund/Global Asset Manager
Designed an ontology-driven search archictecture that overlayed the SWF's investement process to unify a fragmented corpus of internal and external research and communications.
- Creating a dynamic central depository
- Facilitating collaboration between asset classes
- Leveraging fragmented intellectual capital
Global Asset Manager
Constructed detailed research benchmarks designed to allow plan sponsor clients to assess risk in the content procurement strategies of their underlying asset managers.
- Research valuation benchmarks
- Research concentration risks
- Style/Mandate adjusted benchmarks
Global Investment Educational/Standards Organization
Produced a White Paper on Approaches to Research Valuation for the key global professional designation-granting organization of institutional investment managers.
Flexible analytical templates allowed investors to:
- Customize valuation methodologies
- Acheive regulatory compliance
- Increase research spending ROI
- Facilitate client/regulatory reporting
Regional Investment Bank
Completed a detailed multi-market analysis of revenue potential from the launch of CSA products.
Product Plan Incorporated:
- Multi-variate client analysis
- 3rd party CSA software selection
- Operational interface
- Product design and launch
Global Custodial Bank
Created a series of new strategic options for several of their business lines as a result of rapid regulatory and market structure change.
- Equity sales and trading
- Equity research
- Optimized CSA platform
Worldwide Industry Association
Optimized digital research production and distribution for a global industry association of commodity producers.
- Optimizing research production process
- Creating customized taxonomy
- Optimizing design for research aggregators
Mid-Tier Global Equity Manager
Overhauled the manager's "traditional" research commission allocation system to become compliant with new UK FCA regulations. Working with the investment team, developed firm-specific research budgeting approaches that reflected the firm's investment process and products.
- Durable, inobtrusive, documented, iterative budgeting process
- Eliminated fund cross-subsidization
- Client/consultant/regulator ready
- Buy-in from senior management/legal/compliance